Home Registration » Late PTBioch Bursaries
Late PTBioch Bursaries
PTBioch Bursaries to support participation of young scientists from Poland in this event are financed from the funds of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland for promotion of science (Contract 805/P-DUN/2019 The 44th FEBS Congress Kraków 2019 – From molecules to living systems).
On behalf of the Polish Biochemical Society (PTBioch), we are pleased to inform you that the call for Late PTBioch Bursaries has been announced. They are destined for young Polish scientists and PhD students (under the age of 35), who are the members of the PTBioch. These bursaries are intended to foster their participation in FEBS 2019 Congress and will cover the early registration fee (€250) and the costs of accommodation in a single room at a student hotel during the Congress.
This is the unique opportunity for the late-breaking abstract submitters as well as for eligible registrants who have already submitted an abstract but not applied for PTBioch bursary.
Applications for a Late PTBioch Bursary are possible ONLY from April 5 until April 12!
Eligibility criteria for Late PTBioch Bursaries
The applicants must:
- be regular members of the PTBioch; please note that fully paid-up membership is required
- complete the registration process for the FEBS 2019 Congress
- be under the age of 35, at the time of registration payment
- submit an abstract to the FEBS 2019 Congress as first author
- pay the Congress registration fee in advance (no later than April 12, 2019).
How to Apply
Applications for a PTBioch Bursary must be submitted through the Congress registration system no later than April 12, 2019.
- Select the Young Scientist participant type (for those who are not registered yet)
- On the registration form (“REGISTRATION” menu tab -> “Registrant Information” subpage), click yes to the question about applying for a Late PTBioch Bursary
- Complete the registration process – payment of the registration fee must be made no later than April 12, 2019
- Upload your CV (including all university degrees and a list of publications), your letter of intent (describing your motivation behind attending the FEBS 2019 Congress), scan of your ID and confirmation of your PTBioch membership from the PTBioch as supporting documents. Please note that all documents should be uploaded in one pdf file.
- Submit your abstract (for those who haven’t done it yet) through the Congress registration / abstract submission system as the first author, according to the guidelines on the Late-breaking Call for Abstracts webpage.
The abstracts submitted as late-breaking abstracts will be assessed by the International Scientific Committee in terms of scientific quality. while supporting docs will be screened by the Congress Bursaries Committee.
The candidates will be notified on the evaluation outcome via e-mail by April 30, 2019.
Student hotel accommodation for Late PTBioch Bursary awardees will be arranged by the Congress Secretariat, and details will be included in the outcome letter. All PTBioch Bursary awardees will receive reimbursement of the registration fee after the Congress, by bank transfer/credit card refund, from the Congress Secretariat.